What’s in my purse? MAKEUP OF COURSE!!
I have a ton of makeup! And as much as I’d like to have it all with me when I leave the house, I’ve taken a few essentials and stored them in a cosmetic case that I always keep in my purse. This is helpful also when switching purses, because you can just grab the pouch and toss it in a different purse, knowing that you will have everything you need. No lip-gloss left behind!
Below is the makeup case, and it’s contents:
The Gucci Cosmetic Pouch was given to me by a friend, and I’ve found it to be the Perfect size and shape to hold my touch up makeup in my purse. It’s super cute with a pink leather trim around the zipper adding a girlie touch, which I love. It also has a side pocket on the inside to help organize items.
1. Hair accessories- such as simple bobby pins, & hair elastics. Even if I don’t always need them, sometimes my girlfriends do. Saves me from bad hair days, or hot days when you need to put your hair up.
2. Blotting Powder- in case of shine, I like to use MAC’s Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC30. It’s lightweight and doesn’t look cakey. Easy for a quick touch up. Plus, it has a MIRROR inside the compact that I can use if I’m somewhere that doesn’t have one. It comes with a small powder puff, which I keep inside the compact for just a quick blot on the nose, forehead, or chin. But I also have 2 small kabuki brushes, one that I use for better/lighter application of the blotting powder, and the other for my mineral makeup (which I will tell you about next)
3. Pressed Mineral Makeup: I love this pressed mineral makeup by Fresh. It’s called FACE LUSTER, and I use it in the Sandy Lane color. It gives me an easy way on the go to cover and blend in places where my foundation might have come off or smudged. Some days I use it instead of foundation. It gives my face a dewy glow, unlike many mineral foundations, because it contains crushed pearls. I use the larger kabuki brush from Eco Tools to apply it because the bristles are softer and longer which allows for a lighter application.
4. 2 Small Kabuki Powder Brushes: The smaller one is from Bare Minerals and I use it for the MAC powder, and the larger one is by ECO TOOLS, and I use it for the Mineral makeup touch ups.
5. Concealer: In my purse kit I keep the Revlon Photo Ready Concealer in 002. This concealer is a creamy stick that is easy to apply straight from the stick, and blend with my fingers. It also wont spill or get messy in my makeup bag. I use it occasionally to re-touch-up a blemish or under eye circles.
6. Lip gloss & lipsticks: I love lip-gloss, and have many different kinds and colors. I like to switch it up every so often, so as long as I have any kind in my kit, I’m good to go! Pictured above are some of my favorites of the moment: a Nude creamy gloss from Smashbox, and a clear coral color from MAC. I also like to carry a lipstick color I can layer with the lip-gloss for an evening look. I love nude colors, so pictured above is a lipstick from MAC in Myth. It’s a really light color, so it’s great to layer with a slightly darker/colored lip-gloss.
When it comes to my touch up kit, I pack products to keep my look fresh and perfect. Face makeup and lip color are usually always the first things that fade, so make sure to include something to fix those. You might also want to include your favorite blush or bronzer to give cheeks a pick me up, if makeup wears off.